Online Christian Soldiers publishes the Gospel since April 1, 1998

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Service I Would Like To See Created or Added On

I know that social networking websites like Classmates.com, Reunion.com and a few others could very easily add on a service that I have thought about time and time again.

I would like to see a website have the ability to reconnect or reunite those that would like to be reconnected based upon certain events in their lives.

I know that everyone in heaven will have this capability while those dwelling in hell will have too many issues to deal with.

Certain events like:

church of past membership,
past membership of any organization,
people, places, things experienced (like a concert, event, were you there moment) etc.

The catalyst for this is that we have met some Christians and other people in those once-in-a-lifetime places or events and would like to know how they are currently living.

Many times you cannot exchange enough information to make a reconnection no matter how hard you try.

For example, my cousin Adrian and I met 5 young ladies back in 1983 at Disney World who were from Indiana. They all just ended their freshman years in college while I had just graduated high school.

Even though at the time we knew their names and where some of them went to school (Spelman, DePaul and a few others I do not remember), there was not enough information to see how everyone is doing today.

I am sure that everyone has children (one young lady had a young child back then with her) and has married by now and I know that others have had the same experiences.

Those random encounters could produce some wonderful fruit if handled correctly.

Although all encounters may not be worthwhile, those who are mutually curious should be able to reestablish such contact for worthwhile purposes.

Maybe this idea is one that Google will be able to best handle;)

If you discover such a service, please let me know!

No comments: